Jennifer L. Lord is a Partner with Pitt McGehee Palmers & Rivers
Jennifer joined the firm in January of 2015. She devotes her career to vindicating the rights of employees. Her practice specializes in race, sex, gender, disability, age, whistleblower, breach of contract, class actions and Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) claims. She also has extensive experience in severance negotiations, including C-level negotiations. Jennifer has fully litigated claims in federal court, state court and arbitration. She has successfully argued before the Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals.
Jennifer has been recognized by her peers as a Michigan Super Lawyer. She achieved the highest ranking possible, AV, from Martindale-Hubbell’s peer review. She was named a top litigator by Crain’s Detroit and “Woman in the Law” by Michigan Lawyers Weekly. She is also a frequent speaker at seminars across the state.
Jennifer graduated with distinction from the University of Michigan with a degree in Economics. She graduated cum laude from the Wayne State University School of Law. While at Wayne State, she was elected to the Moot Court National Team, where her team won the Regional Finals and was named Best Oral Advocate.
Jennifer also worked over several years as a legislative assistant to a member of the United States House of Representatives in Washington D.C. In that capacity, she drafted legislation and worked with a wide variety of interest groups.
Jennifer is a member of the National Employment Lawyers Association, Michigan Employment Lawyers Association, Michigan Association for Justice, State Bar of Michigan, State of Michigan Labor and Employment Law section and the Oakland County Bar Association. She serves on the Oakland County Bar Association Circuit Court and Professional Development Committees and is on the Board of Directors for the Horatio Williams Foundation.
Jennifer is the proud parent of children Jack, Katie and Laine. She loves travel, art, film and exploring restaurants.
Read Articles Jennifer has been Cited in: Click Here
- Sited in Metro Times - "Snyder's Other Huge Atrocity"
- Selected to 2016 Women in the Law
- Named a Top Litigator by Crain’s Detroit
- Co-counsel Megan Bonanni and Jennifer MacManus were cited in Livingston Daily
- Jennifer Lord commented on WWJ/CBS Radio 950
- Detroit Free Press Cites Jennifer Lord on MSU State of Michigan Responses to Class Action Lawsuits
- Jennifer Lord recently interviewed with Ed Rivet on Capital City Recap (WILS/Lansing), speaking with him about the latest developments in the UIA Class Action Lawsuit
- Jennifer Lord was cited in Detroit Free Press coverage of Michigan Supreme Court order in UIA class action
- Jennifer Lord talked to WCMU/NPR about the State Supreme Court order allowing the Unemployment Insurance Agency class action to proceed
- FOX 2 News interviewed Jennifer Lord about the gender pay gap to mark Equal Pay Day
- Jennifer Lord participated in a panel discussion on FOX 2 Detroit's "Let it Rip" on May 10 regarding the controversy over Detroit Lions Coach Matt Patricia's arrest for sexual abuse (case was subsequently dropped) in 1996:
- Jennifer Lord was featured this week in the Legal News "Asked & Answered" column
- Jennifer Lord was cited be Crain's Detroit Business (June 11 edition) in its coverage of the Tim Leuliette severance-pay scandal.
- FOX 2 Detroit -- Sept. 9 broadcast of FOX 2's "Let it Rip" program with Jennifer Lord as guest panel member/22:33
- Detroit News -- "Supreme Court Set to Hear Arguments in False Unemployment Fraud Case"