"A coworker made a lewd proposition to you at a promotional event for a product that your team has been working on. It’s not the first time this coworker has made you uncomfortable with sexual innuendos and other bad behavior at work. But, you work in a company and an industry with a “work hard/play hard” culture and you really like your job. You fear that making waves about your coworker, though justified, could come back to haunt you in your career. Should you talk to a lawyer at this point?
This article will answer your questions about sexual harassment and when you should consider speaking with a lawyer. For information about what an employer can do to create a working environment free of sexual harassment, see Fighting Sexual Harassment.
How a Lawyer Can Help
When you experience harassing conduct at work, you may have a lot of questions you need answered before you decide what, if anything, to do. Among those questions are:
- Was this even sexual harassment (as the law defines it)?
- How should I respond to the harasser?
- Should I report the harassment?
- Are there steps I should take to protect myself against future harassment?
- What can I do to prevent my employer from retaliating against me for reporting the conduct?
These are questions an experienced employment lawyer can answer."
Check out the full article at: https://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/sexual-harassment-when-you-should-talk-lawyer.html